The Nominating Committee shall endure that a slate of candidates is timely submitted for the election of officers and members of the Board of Directors in accordance with Article IV, Section 4 of the Bylaws of NJPRA. If you are interested in being involved with this committee, please contact Diane Piagesi-Zett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reconstitute the Nominating Committee
- Appoint a Director to chair the committee (non-officer).
- Identify two Directors to be appointed by the Board to the committee
- Identify two non-director members through the general membership
- Develop a proposed slate of Directors – every three years. (Next slate due TBA).
- Identify Directors who are due to rotate off
- Identify nominees who, by their participation on the Board, will promote cultural diversity, regional representation, organizational and individual memberships, expertise and commitment to the principles of the organization. (also focusing on marketing and fundraising skills)
- Present a slate to the Board of Directors 40 days prior to the Annual conference
- Research, outreach, contact potential candidates
- Solicit letters of interest, CV’s/Resumes
- Develop a proposed slate of Officers – every two years. (Next slate due TBA).
- Identify Officers who are due to rotate off
- Identify Officers who are interested in a second term
- Identify Officers who are qualified for a second term based on level of participation, contribution, expertise and effectiveness in their respective offices
- Identify Directors who are qualified for respective offices based on level of participation, contribution, expertise and effectiveness as a Director.
- Present a slate to the Board of Directors 40 days prior to the Annual Conference.
- Fill Board vacancies – as needed
- Develop a pool of potential candidates for Director vacancies (as noted in Goal 2 Objective 1 above)
- Present potential Directors to the Board for approval.
Enter your information and receive updates from NJPRA on upcoming events, public policy alerts, and mental health news for the Garden State.