NJPRA’s Policy Corner
For comments or questions, please email Kimberley Higgs, our Executive Director, at: Khiggs@njpra.org.
- S785 Singleton, T: Crisis Response Support Pilot Program, 3-year.
- Reintroduced from prior session.
- S835 Corrado, K: Functional Services for developmental disabled persons served by DDD to reopen programs, same as schools.
- Of interest, although this bill does not apply directly to BH services.
- S838 Corrado, K: Long-term Care Facilities-require to submit reports regarding residents w/disabilities.
- Discuss whether to support or not.
- S846 Corrado, K: Telemedicine and Telehealth
- Evises requirements for health insurers to cover Note page 7 lines 6-12 includes reference to PESS.
- SCR35 Bramnick, J: Provide that only Legislature may determine Affordable Housing Obligations.
- This resolution would be put to the Voters. If passed, Court determination of affordable housing targets ends.
- A-3950wGR/S-3180 (Verrelli, Benson, Zwicker/Greenstein, Turner): Prohibits employer use of tracking device in vehicle operated by employee under certain circumstances. An employee must be informed that such a device is in the vehicle they are operating (for business purposes)
- A-3007/S-3127 (Lampitt, Dunn, Benson/Lagana, Gopal): Requires institutions of higher education to provide students with access to mental health care programs and services and to establish a hotline to provide information concerning the availability of those services. This includes access the State-wide and National hotlines.
- SCS for S-4102/A-6230 (Sweeney, Ruiz/Benson, Mejia, Zwicker): Establishes Direct Support Professional Career Development Program; appropriates $1,000,000. The PsyR/BH workforce would greatly benefit from an initiative like this.
- S-4211/A-6228 (Sweeney, Corrado/Benson, Speight, Zwicker): Establishes county college-based adult centers for transition for individuals with developmental disabilities; makes annual appropriation of $4.5 million Are there comparable funds and access for students living with MH needs.
Enter your information and receive updates from NJPRA on upcoming events, public policy alerts, and mental health news for the Garden State.